Thursday 20 September 2012

Why study music?

Yesterday was not really a good day and I arrived at my lesson feeling rather fraught and frazzled.  I was not really in the frame of mind for learning.  We pressed on anyway.... through a slow Ferling study that needed quietness and calmness and controlled breathing, onto the Hindemith second movement with long, sweeping slow phrases followed by a chance to really go for it with fortissimos and accented notes.  Then a sense of spaciousness and elegance with the start of Telemann's Fantasia no 7.

By the end of the lesson I felt like a different person and was ready to face  "real life" again.

On a forum that I read, someone  recently posed the question "Why Study Music?" 

For me, this is why: it soothes my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment