Friday 15 June 2012

the tyranny of the urgent...

It isn't so warm anymore :-(

It's been a funny 2 weeks really.  Life feels very busy at the moment - with things that need to be done, and things that I'm doing for "fun".  It's getting to that level of business that things that are meant to be "fun" are turning into things I just want to get out of the way so that they can be ticked off the list.  I'm so wrapped up in the things that need to be done that I can't really relax enough to enjoy the other stuff.

So tomorrow I am doing an Orchestral Play Day where I have a day of rehearsals alongside professional players and get to play with them in a fantastic concert hall.  I booked it months ago, it will be a great experience, I'm sure I'll love it when I get there and I have been really looking forward to it. But, when I think about it right now all I can see is another busy Saturday with no time to get any house jobs done and another weekend early morning which means I won't catch up on my sleep debt for the week.

I'm sure it will be fine, but I really need a rest, at home, to catch up on some of the important stuff in my life so that I am not just trying to keep up with the tyranny of the urgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment