Saturday 23 June 2012

Reed trouble (again)

Reeds are the bane of every oboists life.  My practice sounded terrible today - I don't know if it is me, the reed, the weather or my oboe.  I think it maybe a combination of all of them - though hopefully not too much to do with the oboe itself.  I have a relatively new reed and at the moment I don't really like it.  I've only had it a week though so it may not be properly blown in. There are certain notes that just sound really terrible.  But then I've also just had 2 days off practice so my lip is probably not great either. I need some serious work on long notes to try and get my tone back - feel like I am going backwards at the moment.

On the up side, I am starting a new piece - Chansonette by Harty, it's one of his 3 miniatures.  From first practice, it seems rather nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment