Thursday 24 May 2012

Run up to holidays

Well Summer seems to have arrived  - for this week anyway.  My lesson last night was rather warm, to say the least.  I thought it went OK though - Luft, Telemann Fantasia and a start on the Hindemith Sonata. I  need to add in my own articulation and some ornamentation for the Telemann. I'm also still working on the Mozart - so more than enough to keep me busy at the moment.

There seems to be a lot of things coming up over the next couple of months - leading into the summer holidays.  I am trying to take them one at a time.

This week was my final orchestra rehearsal till September.  We just had a bash through some things for fun.  I nice way to finish off the term.  I really appreciate the summer break from orchestra.  By the time the first September rehearsal comes round I will be raring to go again.

I am still waiting for a date for my piano exam, which could be any time from 11 June.

On 16 June I am doing a play day with a professional orchestra - those pieces need LOTS of practice!

On both 17th and 24th June I am playing piano in the morning sevice at church.

14th July I am playing in an Adult Learner's Concert - I think I am going to play a couple of movements from French Suite.  I'd like to be able to have a go at them with an accompanist - and it is Bastille Day so it feels appropriate.  I'll also be accompanying another performer though don't know who that will be, or what they will be playing yet.

18 July - last lesson before summer holidays

21 July I've been asked to play a couple of pieces at a Garden party in aid of a local charity.  Still trying to sort out accompanist for this - I may do the French Suite pieces again, or may give the first movement of the Mozart Quartet a go.  I may also do Italian Dance by Dring.  Depends very much on how things go with the accompanist and what they can manage.

Then it will be summer holidays and hopefully a chance to take things slightly easy.  Having said that, there has been talk of chamber music sessions with Orchestra colleagues...

No comments:

Post a Comment