Friday 18 May 2012

Summer concert

Tomorrow my orchestra has it's summer concert - not that it is particularly summery at the moment.  This is our last concert before the summer break and we will start meeting again in September.  The actual concert seems to have come round so quickly that I've not blogged anything about this program so far.   So this is what we are playing:

Suite In E flat - Holst
Suite of Dances from Gloriana - Britten
The Merry Wives of Windsor - Nicolai
Little Suite for Orchestra - Arnold
Sea Pictures - Elgar (with guest soloist)

Crown Imperial - Walton

It is a very British program - presumably due to the Jubilee.  It is also a program I am struggling to get excited about.  There is nothing I particularly dislike....well, maybe the Walton...but there is also nothing that I particularly love either.  There are no pieces that I am really looking forward to playing - which is a first for me.  But sometimes it is like that, and many people in our orchestra really didn't enjoy the Russian pieces we played last time.  I am sure the concert will be fun.  The Elgar sounds very good with our solo singer - I have very little to play in that so I will enjoy listening to her!  But I am also very much looking forward to finding out what we are playing next!

No comments:

Post a Comment