Thursday 9 February 2012

Half term already?

Well despite my feelings of not really being fully prepared yesterday, my lesson went rather well.

The Luft study which I thought I hadn't done enough on, seemed to have worked its way into my fingers more than I thought.  I think the long practice on Monday, followed by a day off for my brain to sort it all out, was more effective than I expected.  Hurray!  I still have a couple of little things to look at - enusring ties are held on for full length and bouncing the staccato a bit more.  But I also have to look at the next one - which has some rather scarily large intervals to negotiate, good job it is half term next week so I have 2 weeks to work on it.

Telemann Fantasia no 6 - second and third movements.  Again, the third movement came together a bit better than in Monday's practice.  I still need to think about phrasing and dynamics here.  But will also start looking at No 2.

Richardson - Causerie, French Suite.  I need to slow this down a bit, and slightly lengthen the tenuto notes, as well as making sure I don't cut short the tied notes (again).  Another couple of weeks needed on this to polish the edges.

Reizenstein Concert pieces are finished off as far as lessons are concerned, so it is finally time to start looking at the first movement of the Mozart Oboe Quartet.  I bought this music quite a while ago and it has been waiting in the wings for too long.  I love this piece so I am quite excited about finally starting to learn how to play it!

I also now have in my possession the oboe 4 part for the Rite of Spring - but only temporarily.   I need to take it back to rehearsal on Monday and get the oboe 3 part.  The oboe 4 has some Cor Anglais sections so it needs to go another player.  However, I  should get some value from looking at this part - hopefully it will at least prepare me for the worst of the 3rd part on Monday.  I will have a look and a  listen over the weekend.

It is half term next week, which means no lesson.  It is  nice to have a week off lessons sometimes and feel I can plan my practice over more days.  It gives me more flexibility to manage my time - I just need to make sure I'm not tempted to take too many days off!

No comments:

Post a Comment