Friday 17 February 2012

Rite of Spring - first rehearsal

I made it to the Rite of Spring rehearsal on Monday.  I am glad to say that I managed to find the rehearsal venue this time, last time I ended up spending half an hour driving around the village before giving up and going home.  I am also glad to say that it doesn't now seem as impossible as it did when I first listened to it, thought that doesn't mean it isn't very difficult!   We covered a fair chunk of the piece - started midway through part 1 and went to about half way through part 2.  I was sight reading most of it, and I couldn't get all the notes but most of the time I knew where we were and which notes I should be attempting.  I managed a few bits where I was the only oboe playing - which was a bit scary. Most importantly I know which bits need pratice and how to approach practising them.  So a very positive evening.  There maybe some sectionals in a couple of weeks which, I'm sure, will be very helpful.

Teacher did forget to bring my Telemann back though so that will have to wait till next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment