Friday 3 February 2012

keeping on keeping on

Sometimes it's just about keeping going.  This has been one of those weeks.  Lesson on Wednesday was OK.  My reed was apparently giving its swan song at orchestra as it sounded terrible the next day.  So I now have a nice new reed.  Luft study was OK, it was a fairly straight forward one though - now moving on to Study no 9. We worked on the Reizenstein Scherzino, this has kind of grown on me, and it was nice to add some final polishing touches.  We also went through the Telemann Fantasia.

Practice so far has focussed on the next study - which is much more difficult than last weeks, a real finger twister.  I'm also learning the final movement of the Telemann and improving the second movement.

It's been a tiring week all round though, it has felt like a bit of a slog at times....but tomorrow I am going to the RNCM for a woodwind play day.  It will be a day of extreme sightreading and should be a lot of fun - provided my lips hold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment