Friday 20 January 2012

Mahler Symphony No 3 Part 2

Evening rehearsal tonight.  Very tiring, but I feel more confident about tomorrow now.  I am especially pleased that most of the time I knew where we are and when I had to come in.  Considering that at times I have over 100 bars rest - with time signatures of 3/4, 2/2, 4/4, 6/8 so bars maybe beaten in either 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or even 8, not to mention pauses, rits and accels.. It's fair to say my head was spinning a bit by the end of it.  But still, I managed to come in most of the time, which I definitely wouldn't have been able to do 2 years ago. It's good to  see that improvement.

We went through the 1st, 3rd, 6th and 2nd movements tonight.  Too tired to write much about it but I am looking forward to tomorrow, I think it will sound very good indeed.




No comments:

Post a Comment